You may already be in Atlanta; you might be taking our bus charter tomorrow (Saturday) night; you may not be arriving until next week. But regardless of the schedule you’re on, we want you to let you know about some items to expect.
1) The first Ohio caucus was held on Saturday, June 1. The second Ohio caucus (the first of the caucuses in Atlanta) will be held on Tuesday, July 2, and it starts at 7:30–a half hour later than the remaining caucuses. NEOEA delegates will caucus briefly immediately after the adjournment of the Ohio caucus. Listen during the Ohio caucus for President Mary Alice Conkey’s announcement of the location of the NEOEA.
2) Most of our NEOEA delegates are planning to join us at Agatha’s on July 4. Please pick up your your wrist band and walking directions from Nanci DiBianca at the NEOEA table during the caucus on Wednesday, July 3. We are advised to arrive as soon as possible after 6:00; evidently refreshments will be available. We’ll get our seats between 6:30 and 6:45, and the show starts at 7:00. The show should be done early enough to walk another block or two to Centennial Olympic Park for fireworks, if you’re so inclined.
3) Please plan to make a contribution to the Fund for Children and Public Education. This year’s goal is an average of $180 per delegate. Some can’t give that much, so please be as generous as you can.
4) Many delegates have access to the web but not regular access to their email while they are at the Annual Meeting. We will be posting announcements on this blog; we recommend you check it every day if you are able. In addition, Bill will run his traditional “Notes from Camp” series, which consists of observations of happenings at the Annual Meeting and RA. Since it’s a blog, comments are welcome, so if he misses something you can post your own observations.
5) Our day to wear the NEOEA “hoodie” is Friday, July 5. We’ll arrange and announce a place and time for the traditional “class picture.”